Table of Contents
- Data protection principles
- Your rights regarding your Personal Data
- Personal Data gathered about you
- How your Personal Data is used
- Who else has access to your Personal Data?
- How secure is your data?
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
- Personal Data – any information relating to an identifiable natural person
- Processing – any operation performed on Personal Data
- Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed
- We/us – Cindy Robins / Prickly Pear Design
2. Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair and transparent. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you with information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is carried out with minimal data. We will only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data, and the integrity and confidentiality of data.
3. Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – you have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained, and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – you have the right to access the data collected. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to request rectification or erasure of any Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
4. Data We Gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your email address, name, contact number, billing address, etc – mainly information that is necessary for us to deliver our services. Your information is saved in order to contact you regarding your website and / or to invoice you for services provided.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information such as your IP address that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools to improve your customer experience. When you look at the contents of our website, your activities (but not your personal data) may be logged.
Publicly available information
We do not display any information about you that is publicly available aside from customer comments which we add to our Testimonials page. These will have been provided by you, the client, for this sole purpose with your approval.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- Provide our service to you. This includes providing you with web-related services that you have requested and communicating with you in relation to those services
- Enhance your customer experience
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To identify you
- To provide you with our service or related services
- To communicate with you for sales or invoicing
On the grounds of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you personalised offers where applicable
- To administer our client base in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of services offered and provided
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you services that are similar or the same as your purchasing history to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you invoices for services provided
- For any other purposes we have asked your consent for
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing
- The further Processing would not harm your interests and there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who Else Can Access Your Personal Data?
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers or third parties. We will only share your data with:
Our processing partner – 1 & 1 Internet:
- 1 & 1 Internet – for the sole purpose of domain name registration and hosting requirements as agreed by the client. Only limited data is shared. As a company, 1 & 1 Internet have secure policies and applications in place.
We will only disclose your Personal Data to public officials when we are legally obliged to do so.
How We Secure Your Data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. Our website uses HTTPS protocols for communication and transferring data and is hosted on a secure server. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best, we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have a WordPress Admin account through us to access your website, please note that it is your responsibility to keep your username and password secret.
Cookies and Other Technologies We Use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer which stores information that is used to help make websites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and email in forms so that you don’t have to re-enter this information next time.
- Google Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services but do not personal information
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings.
Supervisory Authority – ICO
Last updated: 14.05.21